TRAVEL: to go on or as if on a trip or tour; journey
A charming but slightly insane family has decided to embark on a summer road trip. The family will visit four National Parks, one big city, suburbia and several small towns. The family’s primary accommodation will be their tent, but they will also use hotels and floor space in relatives’ homes. They plan to prepare their own breakfasts and lunches but indulge in restaurant dinners. There are two adults and two children. The entire trip will last two weeks. All travel will occur in a Honda Accord.
Please calculate the following:
- The amount and types of food needed and the location of the first resupply stop.
- The appropriate number of shorts, shirts, socks, pants, coats and shoes for each family member.
- The minimum box size needed to pack kitchen essentials without wasting precious trunk space.
- Then number of toys it will take to keep children (and parents) from losing their minds.
- The weight of the supplies that will be piled on top of each child in the backseat.
Please send your answers to Defining Motherhood. She will review them when she returns in two weeks and let you know if you passed this parenting math test.