RECOGNITION: special notice or attention
Random Dorkness (code name: Psychicquill) nominated me for The Liebster Award. Thanks Psychicquill!
Like all blog awards, it comes with some homework. I followed the rules where I could and ignored them where I couldn’t:
- post 11 things about yourself
- answer the 11 questions from the person who gave you the award
- list 11 questions
- pass the award to 11 others
11 things about me:
- I buy my underwear at Costco
- Occasionally I forget to feed my children
- I am the product of a flawed mother and father
- My brothers once staged my kidnapping while babysitting
- Sometimes I rap
- I’ve kissed a lot of frogs
- The voices in my head have been known to argue
- My before-children apartment was clean enough to be mistaken for a model home
- I’ve violated the eighth commandment several times
- When I write poetry, I always use a real pen (not a computer)
- I’m still looking for balance. Please let me know if you find it.
11 questions from Psychicquill:
- Do you like hot wings? Not unless they are made of tofu.
- Do you like vodka? Not particularly.
- What do you think about moonwalks? I liked it when Michael Jackson did it.
- What do you think about combining a moonwalk with hot wings and vodka? Sounds like a frat party.
- Who would clean up the mess? The nearest mommy, I suppose.
- How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? Wood is not for throwing. If the woodchuck needed something to throw, I would get him a ball.
- What if the woodchuck wouldn’t chuck wood, but he *would* chuck vodka? See #6
- Or hot wings? See #6.
- Or both vodka and hot wings? See #6.
- On a moonwalk? I feel reasonably confident that NASA would not hire a drunk, carnivorous woodchuck with impulse control issues.
- Who would clean up *that* mess? The nearest mommy. It’s always the nearest mommy.
11 questions for my nominees:
- Do you still have your tonsils?
- Would you bungee jump?
- What was the last book you read?
- What is stashed under your bed?
- What is the kindest thing someone has done for you this week?
- Is there a movie you have watched more than a dozen times?
- When you have an hour to yourself, how do you spend it?
- What is your least favorite chore around the house?
- Saturday or Sunday?
- What was your favorite children’s book?
- Was the recognition worth this hassle?
11 7 nominees:
Eleven was too many nominees for me. It’s not because I don’t enjoy lots of wordpress blogs, but because there aren’t enough blogs that I read consistently enough to vouch for as a whole. I also tried to limit my nominations to blogs that are focused on similar topics to mine (in hopes that if you read my blog I can introduce you to another writer or two you might enjoy). The envelope, please…and the Liebster Award goes to:
Not Quite Old: She’s witty and she draws.
Parenting is Funny: A compilation of hilarious things kids say and do.
Nonsense to Momsense: She can make a colonoscopy funny.
Poole Party of 5: Crafty mama extraordinaire. Prepare to be inspired.
All that makes you…: Some moms have all the luck. This lady’s life provides endless blogging fodder.
Feisty Red Hair: I like the mix of musings, recipes, and book reviews. And, I’m trying to suck up so that she’ll invite me to dinner some day!
But Mostly Mommy: I find her writing charming, honest, and engaging. She’s the kind of person I would want to have over for tea.